Getting Started with Bitcoin
The easiest way to get started with Bitcoin is to download a Bitcoin wallet application. This software will help you send, receive and store your money.
There are a variety of bitcoin clients ranging from extremely simple Android wallets to complex desktop wallets with lots of options. We suggest that beginners start with the Electrum wallet which can be download here, this program is very easy to use and will be up and running within a few clicks.
After installing the program it will show you your first Bitcoin address, you are now ready to receive Bitcoins at the new address displayed.
If you are interested in learning more about how Bitcoin works please read our “What is Bitcoin” page.
Step by step setup of Electrum
2) Open the downloaded Electrum installer and click “Install”
3) Complete the installation and click “Close”
4) Run the newly installed Electrum program
5) Choose to “Create” a new wallet
6) Click “Ok”
7) IMPORTANT: Write down these 12 words; they can be used to restore your wallet if you’re computer crashes.
8) Choose a password for your wallet.
9) Your balance history page will display, it is currently empty as you have no transactions yet.
10) Choose the “Receive” tab to list your bitcoin addresses. You can ask people to sent bitcoins to any of these addresses. You can now buy bitcoins from us and we can send your bitcoins to your wallet, just enter the number of bitcoins you wish to buy in the “Buy BTC” form on the top left of this page.